Prioritizing Dental Health
Towards the end of last year I had a dental emergency, which, after a two-year hiatus from most people taking great care of our health, I'm sure many of you can relate to. I'm sparing you the worrisome deets, but let me just say that if I had already known about ClearClub dental guards at the time, I doubt that I would have had to go through all that drama and pain.
I didn't want to go to an actual dentist while the pandemic was still raging, so ClearClub's make-the-impressions-at-home kit would have been a wonderful choice; no one's hands would have been in my mouth but my own! So they're perfect for those of you who aren't comfortable being around others without a mask yet.
ClearClub dental guards help with a myriad of issues, including jaw pain, poor sleep, headaches, and shifting teeth. They also guard against cracking a tooth, which is exactly what started my issue.
So, now that most of that drama is behind me, and we're all getting back to being out and about, I figured it's time to discuss prioritizing our dental health once again.
Here are some of the ways teeth and gum professionals have reminded me we should all do on a daily basis:
- Brush at least twice a day--when you get up and before going to sleep. Doing it after every meal is even better. And never go to bed without brushing!
- Make sure to also floss at least once a day, either with a water flosser or just good old-fashioned manually.
- Rinsing with warm water with either salt or peroxide, (or, as I do now, both,) is also very helpful to gum health.
- The latest little dentist-recommended “tool” is a soft “dental pick.” It goes between the teeth and pulls out every little morsel before it can turn into plaque and damage your teeth. And it's so easy to use while you're just sitting there watching TV or surfing the internet!
- Rubber-tipped dental stimulators are also excellent to use while you're doing those above activities.
- Have your teeth cleaned and x-rayed at least once a year. But, of course, twice is superior.
- These are all common sense issues or should be. But here's one that you don't read everyplace, but is soooo important--make sure to wear your ClearClub dental guards, definitely during sleep, but also during the day, when possible. My dentist, hygienists, periodontist, and oral surgeon have all told me that night guards are essential these days, with everyone going through more stress than ever!
I promise—the ClearClub dental guard will help protect your teeth and gums from all that tension. And ClearClub has multiple plans to offer so that you never have to be without your dental guards. You custom-fit them to yourself in the comfort of your own home, and we have plenty of colors to keep you entertained, to boot.
So please start doing all these things to safeguard your health. Take it from me—you don't want to make the mistakes I did last year.
Here's to all of our health!