Video: How To Make a Great Dental Impression
Watch this video before taking your impressions.
Step 0: Check tray size
- Make sure your molars don't extend past the tray
- Snsure that your teeth don't hit the sides of the tray
Step 1: Mix and squeeze the putty (45 seconds)
- Mix the putty quickly so it doesn't harden
- Mix until putty is a solid color
Step 2: Place putty into the tray (15 seconds)
- Roll putty into a cylindrical shape. Putty should be the width of the palm of your hand
- Place putty in tray
- Spread putty evenly in tray. Make sure putty covers all the walls of the tray
Step 3: Place the tray in your mouth
- Center the tray and push up with both thumbs to place it in your mouth without hitting the sides (for lower impression, press down)
- Press up until your teeth reach the bottom of the tray (for lower impression, press down)
- Hold tray in place firmly with your thumbs to prevent a shallow impression.
- Leave thumbs in place for the full 3 1/2 minutes.
Step 4: Remove the tray from your mouth
- Remove tray from Mouth
- Pull straighy down parallel to your teeth
- Do not remove putty from tray
Step 5: Clean and return your impression
- Wash and dry impression
- Take a picture of your impression and upload it for impression review
- Once approved, place your impression in the envelope and mail it back with the return label included in your packaging.
- If rejected, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a new impression kit.