All You Need to Know About Night Guards for TMJ
Are you tired of sleepless nights and chronic pain caused by TMJ (temporomandibular joint)? Investing in your health and comfort with a custom-made night guard can be one of the ultimate solutions for people with TMJ Disorder.
With a soft, comfortable design and perfect fit, a night guard provides the protection you need to sleep soundly, so you can wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day. But before we get into night guards for TMJ and why they’re a great investment, let’s talk about what TMJ is and what causes it.
What is TMJ/ TMD?
- TMJ stands for the temporomandibular joint while TMD stands for temporomandibular joint disorder. This joint is where your jaw connects to the rest of your head.
TMD is when the temporomandibular bone stops functioning correctly and causes severe discomfort and a variety of oral issues. This bone controls a variety of facial and oral movements such as speaking, chewing, swallowing, and making facial expressions. In some cases, TMJ disorder can even affect our hearing ability due to its proximity to the ear! In other words, it affects your jaw muscles and bones.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are Symptoms of TMJ?
Some common symptoms of TMJ include the following:
- Headaches/ migraines
- Difficulty chewing
- Opening your mouth
- Ringing in your ears
- Aching facial pain
- Facial swelling & more
Do night guards help TMJ?
Yes, night guards are one of the best solutions for those who suffer from TMJ. However, although you can buy a night guard over-the-counter you should beware of the night guards made as a one-size-fits-all. On the other hand a custom fitted night guard will lessen the effects of teeth grinding or clenching while you sleep which will help your TMJ.
How Do Night Guards Help TMJ?
Night guards help TMJ by preventing the teeth from coming together and grinding. Having a properly fitted night guard not only helps reduce the sensation of tension in jaw muscles but also prevents further damage from occurring due to involuntary night-time teeth grinding or clenching.
Using Night Guards for TMJ Pain [Top Benefits]
If you suffer from TMJ and can’t seem to find a solution to ease your pain, the answer is night guards! Night guards or mouthguards have shown amazing benefits for people with TMJ. So, let’s have a look at some of the :
- Pain and Discomfort Relief
- Oral protection such as night time bite guards or mouthguards are effective solutions for people with TMJ disorder. Wearing a custom-fit night guard helps in preventing grinding and clenching of the teeth while sleeping.
- Since night guards reduce tension in the jaw, neck, face, and shoulders, it is common to experience relief from headaches, discomfort and other symptoms. Overall, using a night guard causes your jaw muscles to relax. This is an excellent way to improve your quality of life and find lasting relief from TMJ induced jaw pain.
- Improved Sleep Quality
- All that pain caused by TMJ can make you have sleepless nights. In fact, TMJ is known to severely affect people’s sleep cycles. This usually happens because of the constant headaches and pain in the mouth. Luckily, night guards have shown promising results when it comes to this...
- Chronic TMJ disorders are known to cause pain from nighttime teeth grinding and clenching. So, you can say goodbye to sleepless nights because wearing a night guard or mouth guard for TMJ pain can help you get the proper sleep you deserve.
- Reduced Tooth Damage and Dental Bills
- If left untreated TMJ can also have severe and damaging effects on your teeth. During the night, clenching and grinding of the teeth can put a lot of pressure on the jaw, leading to wear and tear on the teeth. Over time, this can result in chips, cracks, and other forms of damage. Night guards play a crucial role in reducing tooth damage for people with TMJ which can save hundreds if not thousands of dollars in dental bills in the long run!
- Night Guards to Prevent TMJ
- By now, you already know that a night guard (an oral device to prevent teeth grinding) can prevent all the symptoms that eventually cause TMJ. So, even if you don’t suffer from TMJ but find yourself grinding or clenching your teeth through the night, it’s a good idea to invest in one.
Night Guards for TMDInvesting in and wearing a night guard regularly will not only ensure that you get rid of your teeth-grinding habits and get your overall oral health back, but it will also prevent you from getting a chronic form of TMJ disorder. This is because a bite guard for teeth grinding essentially helps lessen the painful effects of TMD.
Overall, using a night guard for TMJ disorder is essential because it can help prevent further damage to the jaw joint and teeth, reduce pain and discomfort, and potentially save tens of thousands of dollars in dental and medical expenses.
At ClearClub, we understand the costs involved in getting a custom night guard can be expensive especially if you’re purchasing it from a dentist! This is why we have the deal of the century just for YOU!
We specialize in making high-quality, FDA-approved night guards that are also budget-friendly.
Our custom-fit dental guards start at only $95 (Yes, you read that right!).
Gone are the days when you would have to spend hundreds of dollars to get an effective dental guard. Rather than paying up to $700 - $1,000 on a custom-fitted dental guard you can pay a fraction of that price and still enjoy all the benefits of an effective dental grade night guard from ClearClub.
Buying a Night Guard From ClearClub
When buying from ClearClub, you get the best prices and the best discounts, exclusive offers, and more! Plus all of our mouthguards come with a money-back guarantee!
You Can Also Refer A Friend Get A $50 Discount !
Simply visit our referral page to give your friends 20% off their purchase. Once your friends purchase using your referral link you’ll get $50 off of your purchase! Learn more about our referral program today to get started!
ClearClub’s Affordable Night Guards
Since quality custom fit night guards have never been more affordable, TMJ has never been easier to manage! So instead of suffering in silence or purchasing a cheap and ill-fitting OTC night guard check out our dental quality night guards for TMJ. Click the shop now button to get started!